Diane Schuller's Reviews > knitting stories

knitting stories by Sylvia Olsen

F 50x66
Jul 05, 2016

Knitters will certainly appreciate this book. Not only does Sylvia Olsen share 7 lovely patterns with us but she tells us some lovely stories about her experiences with her family and community of Cowichan knitters. In those stories we learn more of the history of the Cowichan sweaters and those who knit them. Olsen also shares some other useful knitting tips with the reader. This is NOT a how-to book, however, but an enjoyable telling of stories combined with some easy and lovely Cowichan-inspired knit projects.

Particularly if you are interested in Cowichan sweater knitting and reading its history in a simple straight forward way, through stories, you will enjoy this book. And you'll be wanting to knit some (or maybe all) of those lovely Cowichan-inspired projects.

My two favourite projects are her skirt and the classic Cowichan-inspired Infinity scarf. But I also plan to make the pretty mirror-image ladies pullover -- it looks very stylish.

(I've given a high star rating but bear in mind this is 4-star rating for knitters or those interested in knitting and/or Cowichan knitting.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read knitting stories.

January 5, 2016 – Started Reading