C.R. Narayanan's Reviews > The God Delusion

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

21st century has become the epoch of confused people. People struggle hard to understand who they're. For many, the religion that they'd learned from their parents isn't precise enough to make them believe in it; so, they think about becoming atheists. But, they think that atheism isn't as comforting as the religion that they'd inherited from their parents. The idea of believing: "there's a supernatural being that's supervising every creature in this universe to reward and support and safeguard," is too comforting to ignore! And, it feels so uncomfortable to say, "The things in which my ancestors were believing in for the past few centuries is absolutely baseless, and false," as a reason to choose atheism.

"Is sacrificing psychological comfort to appreciate reality, better than ignoring the rational arguments that pop up in our mind whenever we read, see, or listen to something religious?" the 21st century mortals ask this question to themselves every time! This book, "The God Delusion", will help them to discover an answer for this question that keeps haunting their minds.

Instead of calling this as a book that "preaches" atheism, we can say that this extremely well written book is a tool to discover ourselves. If you have no idea about who you're, I'm sure, by the time you reach the last page of this book, you'll know whether you're a theist, or an atheist. Overall, this book will be one of the best books I've ever read, forever!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The God Delusion.

Finished Reading