Heather 123's Reviews > Stranger in my House

Stranger in my House by Mari Manning

This book was a pleasant surprise for me; having recently read several "suspense/romance" books that fell incredibly short I didn't have high hopes for this book. All too often you can almost immediately figure out the "who done it" and why in these types of books, but this was left me guessing right up until the end.

It wasn't until about 70% of the way through the book did I even entertain the idea of the villain actually having been the one who was behind everything. But even then, I struggled greatly to figure out the motive since it didn't add up. Then BAM! The author drops a bomb on us that suddenly has everything making sense.

The added romance between Kirby and Seth was a nice balance to the mystery plaguing the ranch. I appreciated that the author didn't simply add the romance into the story, but truly made it part of the suspense and mystery. I liked that Seth came with his own troubles and wasn't the perfect hero that some authors try to portray the man in the stories to be.

** ARC received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review **

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger in my House.

Started Reading