Darlene's Reviews > The Rites Wrongs of Janice Wills

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads, audible, young-adult
Recommended to Darlene by: Won as a GoodReads First-Reads
Recommended for: Eastern Southern Teen Girls

Hurray! I won this one on GoodReads, First-Reads. Looking forward to this new adventure!

* * *

The print in this book is so light that I have had a hard time reading this. Therefore, I downloaded the Audible version to help me along.

* * *

This book has taken me months to read. My biggest problem with it was the print. These old eyes just can't read well on white, white paper and it seemed the ink was also light in color. Once I got the Audible version to help me I found a nice book. The writing was fun and presented in a cool vehicle of anthropological notes.

I feel badly in that I feel I am NOT the audience for this book. If I weren't old--I still wouldn't be. I wasn't a girlie girl. I would never go to a prom. I thought they were silly. So at first I felt a link with Janice. But as the story continued I knew I couldn't relate anymore. I couldn't even relate to her mother. I don't remember the Pony. So out of it all my life!

But then the last straw of related-ism: I am from Southern California. The only thing I had in common was Southern but not related in this universe.

That being said, I liked the presentation and the lessons learned as Janice matures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rites Wrongs of Janice Wills.

May 16, 2011 – Shelved
May 19, 2011 – Shelved as: first-reads
June 26, 2011 – Started Reading
July 4, 2011 –
page 7
3.13% "This looks to be a fun read!"
July 5, 2011 –
page 21
July 6, 2011 –
page 29
12.95% "This is my bedtime book. Fun so far."
July 8, 2011 –
page 37
July 24, 2011 –
page 43
August 11, 2011 –
page 63
August 13, 2011 –
page 71
31.7% "My non-electronic read before bed."
August 18, 2011 –
page 77
September 2, 2011 –
page 137
September 3, 2011 – Shelved as: audible
September 3, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult
September 3, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl I'd like to try to read this if it's available. :)

Darlene Sure, I'll set it aside for you.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl tx!