Andie Z's Reviews > Such a Rush

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

4820527
May 16, 2011

bookshelves: 2012-release, 2012-ya-contemporary-challenge, arc, arc-tour, wishlist, cannot-stop-smiling, catch-me-i-am-swooning, death-grief-loss, favorites, read-2012, reviewed
Read from March 26 to 28, 2012

SO GOOD. One of my favorites from her, for sure. <3 <3 <3

Originally posted on my blog, From A to Z.

It’s no secret that I ADORE Jennifer Echols. And whenever I’m asked which book is my favorite, I say The Boys Next Door pretty much automatically, because it is. But overall, between her romantic comedies and her romantic dramas, my heart melts a little more for her dramas. SO. What does this have to do with Such a Rush, you wonder?

To me, Such a Rush felt like the perfect combination of The Boys Next Door and her romantic dramas. Some of my favorite elements of The Boys Next Door are there: a girl getting caught up in the drama between two brothers, fake relationships, real fights, and more secrets than anyone knows what to do with… But it has that mature, intense feel of her dramas, both in terms of actual content (we all know Jennifer can write a steamy love scene like nobody’s business), and in terms of motivations and consequences. This isn’t just fun, high school fluff, this is real life, and the tension (sexual and otherwise :P) that Jennifer builds is fantastic.

And through it all is that signature style of sass and humor that she does so well and that I am so in love with. One of my favorite lines, and I’m not even sure why it stuck with me so much, is after a helicopter unexpectedly lands at the airport and a group gets out and heads toward Leah and the other people working at the airport:

“The lieutenant leading the group was a tall blond. I couldn’t tell for sure since he was wearing mirrored shades, but I thought he was boyishly handsome, like Alec. He came straight for me because, dressed in a bikini top, I was obviously in charge of this airport.”

HA! The whole book is full of that snarky kind of humor. I love it.

And if you’ve ever harbored any kind of secret desire to become a pilot, Such a Rush will completely hit the spot and make you look up the nearest flight school. Both the emotional and the practical details of flying a plane were incredible; I felt like I was right there with Leah every step of the way. Oh, and going to prom in a limo? Officially not cool enough. (No offense to any limo-goers out there.)

I absolutely LOVE Such a Rush. Jennifer Echols has totally outdone herself and this is possibly my new favorite from her. I’m so excited for her next book (as always) but at the same time I just want to bask in the awesomeness of this one. Such a Rush has characters that will wrap you around their little fingers and make you care SO MUCH about them, drama that will make you laugh, cheer, and growl in frustration, sexy times that will make you sigh and swoon, and a last line that will put a smile on your face and (if you’re as emotional as I am) a tear in your eye.

You MUST read this book. This is contemporary at its finest, folks, right here. <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Rush.

03/26/2012 page 43
13.0% "Not gonna lie, I'm kind of giddy with excitement as I read this. I LOVE her romantic dramas. Swoon." 1 comment
03/27/2012 page 99
31.0% "Ooooh, more dating-the-wrong-brother drama! She is EXCELLENT at this, as The Boys Next Door proved. <3"
03/27/2012 page 139
43.0% "I am super impressed and pleased with myself for making this last as long as I have been. And I am LOVING it. <3" 2 comments
03/28/2012 page 241
75.0% "I read until about 3 in the morning last night before I forced myself to go to sleep, haha. But I couldn't help myself. Grayson is HOT. *swoon*"
03/28/2012 page 283
88.0% "HAHA omg this is awesome! I totally should have seen something like this coming. Now I feel like I need to reread the whole book with this new information. Love it! <3" 1 comment

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca I didn't think it was possibe but the more you comment about how GOOD it is, the more and more I (not want) but NEED this! Release already, please! Looking forward to your review! :)

Riya OMG I love this review!! I'm so glad you liked this one just as much as I did! Jen ROCKS! <3

Zainab I've been waiting for this for half a year! I'm glad it's as good as it sounds!!