Becky's Reviews > Garen

Garen by Ann Gimpel

F 50x66

liked it

Book One: Garen

Garen and Lars began Rubicon International years ago, I mean before the American Revolution. There are a lot of rules in espionage, but one must never be broken: never have an affair with any one you work with. Garen has been attracted to Miranda from the time she started training at Rubicon. With the danger she's in, it really brings out his alpha side.
When Miranda completed her last mission to disable the head of a human trafficking ring, she's a bit more beat up then usual. Waiting for the driver to take her back to base, she never expected retaliation so quickly. Garen just happens to be the one to help her get back to HQ. In the mean time,
neither one of them can stop thinking about each other and it's getting harder and harder to resist one another.
Not a bad book, not a fantastic book. I almost stopped reading when it took places just before the Revolutionary War. The author is pretty faced paced but glosses over some things too quickly and goes into way too much detail in other areas. The storyline was a good one, but didn't quite capture me wholeheartedly. Looking forward to the sequel to see where she takes this. This is three stars from me.
Reviewer for Romance Authors That Rock

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Garen.

Finished Reading