Toby's Reviews > Wyrd Sisters

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

bookshelves: fantastical, favourites, funny

Pure entertainment from start to finish. Nanny Ogg is so similar to my own grandmother that I am drawn to her character first before the more famous Granny Wetherwax despite this being the grand dame of headology's first appearance as we would come to know her after the character exploration of Equal Rites. Taking two months away from reading and reviewing has really taken its toll, I can barely think of a thing to say. It doesn't matter though, this one has stood the test of time and in posterity stands on its own as a shining light in the Discworld cannon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wyrd Sisters.

Quotes Toby Liked

Terry Pratchett
“It is true that words have power, and one of the things they are able to do is get out of someone’s mouth before the speaker has the chance to stop them.”
Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters

May 16, 2011 – Shelved
April 2, 2013 – Started Reading
April 4, 2013 –
page 46
13.86% "quite brilliant return to form, i do love these witches"
April 11, 2013 –
page 103
April 14, 2013 –
page 131
39.46% "What a pleasure it is to spend half an hour every day with these Wyrd Sisters"
April 20, 2013 –
page 173
June 16, 2013 – Finished Reading
October 1, 2013 –
page 173

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Lynne King This was a brilliant book. The witches were just great.

Toby I've loved it every time. I don't think it's a surprise that it was the first to be adapted to a different medium.

Lynne King I should imagine Toby that it would be quite difficult though to write a review on such a zany but wonderful book as this.

Toby I'll give it a good go when the time comes. It certainly wont be measured or neutral though.

Lynne King I had forgotten how much I liked this!

David Sarkies I would have loved to have had a grandmother like Granny Weatherwax, though a cat like Greebo would be much better.

Toby I dunno, Granny seems quite demanding.