Kathy Jo's Reviews > How I Met Your Brother

How I Met Your Brother by Janette Rallison

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, kindle-unlimited

Belle was extremely shy and awkward in college. She often thought of herself as invisible. When she meets the devastatingly handsome Marco (or Dawson as he liked to be called in college), she can't think straight, gets tongue tied and tries her best to get him to notice her. But sadly, he only ever saw her as a friend.

Belle is devastated when Marco meets and falls in love with her best friend/roommate, Daisy. Their friendship becomes strained as Daisy and Dawson's relationship develops. Belle is heartbroken. She can't believe Daisy would do that to her. Being around them gets to be too much for Belle to handle so she cuts all ties with them.

7 years later, she runs into Pearl who informs her that Dawson and Daisy have divorced and Dawson is headed to Cancun for a family reunion. After debating back and forth she decides that it's a sign and she heads off to Cancun to get reacquainted with Dawson. Now that she has out grown her shyness and is no longer invisible, she's guaranteed to have a shot with him. Right? Wrong! Fate and Dawson's twin brother, Flynn, have another thing in mind for her.

Flynn is determined to do everything he can to make sure Daisy and Marco have a fair chance in reconciling their differences, even if that means making sure the beautiful Belle stays far, far away from them. But Belle is definitely someone who will not go down without a fight. She has been carrying this torch for Marco for years and is determined to have her shot with him.

All I have to say is let the games begin! The chemistry between Belle and Flynn is off the charts and felt by all. But they got this! Right?! This little game is just a means to an end. But the more time they spend together, getting to know one and other, the more they both start to rethink which brother Belle is truly meant to be with.

Will Belle and Flynn figure it out before it's too late? Or will secrets and lies keep them from their HEA?

I am going to start out by saying I really enjoyed this book. But the story line was definitely a hard sell for me. Twin brothers and one girl? That's just weird to me. I can't really express it in any other way than weird! Lol. I can say that I absolutely loved and adored Flynn! I thought he was amazing! Belle, on the other hand, seemed desperate and pathetic at times. I'm not sure why but I had a hard time connecting with her. I wish she would've realized her feelings for Flynn sooner and have more of a development of their real relationship. I was disappointed that we only got a small glimpse of it at the very end. I also wish we would've seen more of Pearl in this book. She played such a very small role in the book compared to the other books I have read in the Matchmaker series.

All in all a cute read. I will definitely be picking up more by this author in the future. I think this is only my second book by her?

And of course I just can't forger my casting! What so you think?!

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Met Your Brother.

July 4, 2016 – Shelved
July 4, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 4, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
December 28, 2016 – Shelved as: kindle-unlimited
February 15, 2017 – Started Reading
February 16, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Julie Carpenter I have this one waiting for me to read. I'm really close to being all caught up with review books that I can sneak it in but it might be longer than I'm anticipating....fun review Kathy Jo. I like your casting and will keep them in mind when I read the book! From the blurb and reviews I've read so far, your casting is definitely matching my thoughts on the characters! <333

Kathy Jo YAY for almost being caught up! And thank you! :) I can't wait to read your review! :)