Jodie's Reviews > Broken Prince

Broken Prince by Erin Watt

Jul 03, 2016

bookshelves: active-series, genre-dark, genre-realistic, genre-romance, genre-na, i-own-ebook, i-own-arc, i-own-hardcopy

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

Read - July 2016
Re-Read - October 2016 - Review bumped up to 5 stars, because man, I love this series!
Re-Read - August 2017

I was SO excited to read this one after loving Paper Princess - I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy for review.

This book is all about the feels. It's dramatic with lots of heightened teenage angst. It was like a soap opera the way it sucked me in. I couldn't stop reading.

The only thing I didn't like about this book was the school politics. All the violence and fights and general nastiness between the kids. It featured a little in Paper Princess, but was a lot more intense in Broken Prince. I found it a bit... surreal I suppose. A bit over the top. But hey, my high school experience was clearly a little mellow compared to this. I'm sure it does happen, but it all felt a bit unreal to me.

“You can stay here. Ella and I need alone time.”
“Aw no. I want to come with you.” Easton leans past me. “Ella told me you guys were testing the absorbency of maxi pads. I’m interested in that myself.”
Val gives me a confused look.
“Easton, please. Give us just ten minutes by ourselves,” I beg.”

Broken Prince finished with a huge cliffhanger, so I suppose Reed and Ella's story will continue. I would have preferred their story to be wrapped up, because man, I was loving Easton so much in this book. Bring on Easton's story! Who even cares about Ella and Reed, enough about them! Bring on Easton and the twins! I want to know more about the twins and Lauren.

My Verdict - 4 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Prince.

July 3, 2016 – Shelved