Ana Henriette's Reviews > The God Delusion

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

F 50x66

I chose the book after hearing about it long ago - actually bought a while back but lost interest - specially after the long sequence of terrorist attacks around the world. Although I don't feel that religion is the one to blame for the terror, I still needed some answers related to our beliefs and our relationship w God. I must admit the reading God's delusion didn't help me in getting the answers but gave me some interesting perspectives on why we believe and why we should be careful in the way we address our beliefs - specially the religious ones. It is not the kind of book to be read with a closed mind. It is uncomfortable not only for the thread of thought but also for the (in my opinion unnecessary) aggressive tone. But it is worth the time and the reflection - as an agnostic I must admit that it takes a bit of humility to read the sometimes hash comments and take them as insight rather than insult. Did it make me tend to atheism? No. Did it challenge my beliefs? Yes. Did it change my perspectives? Only time will tell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The God Delusion.

July 3, 2016 – Started Reading