Clarice's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

May 16, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in July, 2011 — I own a copy

Done. I sure have come a long way from 5 years ago when I had a neighbor that was a librarian. I asked her how she got past all the swearing in books. I had just tried to read a James Patterson book and couldn't finish it. I can't remember her answer, but I remember being disappointed that there really wasn't an answer on what to do with the dilemma. I have a feeling that she, as well as a lot of readers, have to compromise their ideals if they want to be able to read A LOT of books out there. And that is the path I've taken. I guess you also get numb to it and it starts to not shock you anymore. So THAT is how I breezed right through this book when in another past life I probably would have set it down and called it evil. Books, like Rated R movies, don't always need to have some of the stuff in them that they do. But I am not the artist or creator, this is their work, and I can choose whether I want to get to know it or not. I would have missed out on a lot of good books had I not changed. It's not even a change for the better, it's just a change, and I respect those that WON'T read these kind of books just as much as those that do.

On to the book itself, it's Funny. It got a bit boring in the middle with all the talk about 30 Rock, but I love how easy this was to read and don't regret picking it up at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.

06/17/2016 marked as: read