Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Playing by Her Rules

Playing by Her Rules by Amy Andrews

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was a bit afraid going into this one because me and sports heroes don't always get along. A lot of times I find the OTT man-whore gig to be a tad bit much with groupies and OW always in the face of the heroine. Luckly this was NOT the case with Tanner AT ALL. No groupies, no OW, not really any mention of Tanner's or Tilly's sex life after they broke up 8 years previously. Both moved on and had others, but it's just a fleeting mention here and there.

I ADORED this book. A total 5 star read for me. This is the gold standard of what I LOVE in a second chance romance. Hero does something disckish with misguided but honorable intentions causing the end of his and the heroine's relationship. Some time passes and circumstances bring them back together. Heroine is angry and bitter. Hero realizes that he never stopped loving the heroine and sets about winning her back.

I LOVED Tanner. He was super sweet and such a nice guy. Sexy as hell, and just a great hero. Tilly was also a really well written character. She was funny and snarky, and I felt for her. I understood her anger and her reluctance to let Tanner in again. That said, there were a few times I just wanted to shake both of them and tell them to TALK already.

I also enjoyed the side characters. Tanner's teammates all seemed like great guys and there seems to be some good potential for future storylines involving them. The plot flowed nicely and kept me turning the pages. If I had to complain about something, it would be the lack of epilogue. I'm an epilogue girl and I want to see years into the future with marriage and babies. Perhaps though we will see some of that in upcoming books.

Overall this was a fantastic read and it's a definite recommendation from yours truly.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing by Her Rules.

July 2, 2016 – Started Reading
July 2, 2016 – Shelved
July 2, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-to-review
July 2, 2016 –
0.0% "I'm hoping this is a winner..."
July 2, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Awesome review, Eve. This one looks really good.

Janie Ok I'm just staring at your pic here for a while...give me a minute.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Diana wrote: "Awesome review, Eve. This one looks really good."

It was FANTASTIC! I loved every minute of it!

message 4: by Barbara➰ (new) - added it

Barbara➰ Awesome review! Adding it! And Janie, I'm with you there...hot pic!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Janie wrote: "Ok I'm just staring at your pic here for a while...give me a minute.
Ok I'm ok now lol. Anyways great review Eve!! This one sounds great. I always trust your opinion."

*lol* I think you'll like this one!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Barbara wrote: "Awesome review! Adding it! And Janie, I'm with you there...hot pic!"

Yay! I think you'll like it also Barb. :D

♡Tonya♡ fantastic review! I'm following your lead! glad you loved it!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Tonya wrote: "fantastic review! I'm following your lead! glad you loved it!"

Thanks Babe! :D

message 9: by Helen (new) - added it

Helen Great review , adding to TBR pile . Is there grovelling , I'm partial to a bit of grovelling .

Orange.Is.Happiness Awesome! I, too, am leery of sport (and rockstar) romances because of OTT man-whore behavior or too many skanky groupies starting shit. This sounds like a great find! I'll def be checking it out :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Helen wrote: "Great review , adding to TBR pile . Is there grovelling , I'm partial to a bit of grovelling ."

To be honest, not really, but i didn't feel the scenario need this HUGE grovel. If that makes sense! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Orange.Is.Happiness wrote: "Awesome! I, too, am leery of sport (and rockstar) romances because of OTT man-whore behavior or too many skanky groupies starting shit. This sounds like a great find! I'll def be checking it out :)"

Ugh, me too! Rest assured this book is blissfully free of groupies, OW, and the hero doesn't come across like he is a man-whore (IMO)

message 13: by DW (new)

DW Love the review, Hun!! Adding it!! :)

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Terrific review Eve <3

message 17: by Christy (new)

Christy Awesome review, Eve! xo

TheresaDK Fantastic review, babe! Sounds like something right up my alley'

Irene Fab review Eve, looking forward to reading! xoxox

message 20: by Bookloverme (new)

Bookloverme Fab review sweetie! And I'm an epilogue girl too. Epilogue with marriage and babies. :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Christy wrote: "Awesome review, Eve! xo"

Thanks. :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) TheresaDK wrote: "Fantastic review, babe! Sounds like something right up my alley'"

It was SO good!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Irene wrote: "Fab review Eve, looking forward to reading! xoxox"

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Bookloverme wrote: "Fab review sweetie! And I'm an epilogue girl too. Epilogue with marriage and babies. :D"

Me too. It was the only bummer part of the book, but I am thinking maybe we will see more of this couple in future books, so perhaps that is where we will see marriage and babies etc

message 25: by Bookloverme (new)

Bookloverme Eve wrote: "Bookloverme wrote: "Fab review sweetie! And I'm an epilogue girl too. Epilogue with marriage and babies. :D"

That's why I prefer to read a series when it's complete. Unless I really can't wait. Lol.

maggieandteddy Great review Eve :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) maggieandteddy wrote: "Great review Eve :)"

Thanks! :D

JewelsyGoolsy Brilliant review Eve :) I'm totally giving this a go!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Brilliant review Eve :) I'm totally giving this a go!"

Yay! Thanks! :D

Ann Lou Great review Eve! Adding this to my TBR pile.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Ann Lou wrote: "Great review Eve! Adding this to my TBR pile."

Thank you! :D

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Fab review Eve, you sold me :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Yay! I hope u enjoy it as well. :D

message 35: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,babe,xx

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Judith wrote: "Great review,babe,xx"

Thanks Judith! :D

message 37: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Awesome review sweetie :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Jessica's wrote: "Awesome review sweetie :)"

Thanks! :D

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆ Terrific review, Eve! :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Anna ☘ wrote: "Terrific review, Eve! :)"

Thank you! :D