Wendy Darling's Reviews > Last Breath

Last Breath by Rachel Caine

May 15, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-favorites, read-2011, 2011-publication, pn-vampires, too-many-povs, young-adult
Read on December 26, 2011

Whoa! Way to revitalize a series, Ms. Caine. You've definitely woken me up.

(view spoiler)

WHEN is Black Dawn coming out again??

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Breath.

Darcy I know what you mean, there was surprise after surprise and this one went place you never would have thought.

Wendy Darling III know! I got a little sleepy in the middle of this series (although I still enjoyed them), but wow! Twist after twist.

message 3: by Emmy Lou (new)

Emmy Lou This is a series worth finishing, despite it's length?

Darcy I think so. The books, especially the first 6 or so are short and a person can zip right through them. A lot of them are cliff hangers so I recommend to people to have the next ones on hand.

Wendy Darling Exactly what Darcy says, Emmy Lou. :) Some are definitely better than others, and for me they're more light entertainers than ones you get heavily emotionally invested in, but they're still very fun.

♥Rachel♥ This was a good one, right? :) It was a wake up! Glad you liked this one too.

Wendy Darling Yes! It took me by surprise, Rachel. Some great Shane + Claire stuff, too. :D

message 8: by Emmy Lou (new)

Emmy Lou I've read up to the Feast of Fools, but it sounds like I should keep reading!

Wendy Darling If you've enjoyed it so far, yes Emmy Lou. :) The last one and this one were particularly full of interesting developments.

Darcy Emmy Lou wrote: "I've read up to the Feast of Fools, but it sounds like I should keep reading!"

For sure if you have made it that far keep going.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) ooh this makes me happy. I'm in the mid-series slump of books 7, 8 so I'm eager to see what has you so jazzed!

Wendy Darling Try not to read too many reviews, though, Jessie--there are some pretty major game-changers in this one, and I'm sure there are a lot of spoilers floating out there. :)

message 13: by LM (new) - rated it 4 stars

LM I'm actually almost done this book! LOL! Although I haven't made any updates as of yet. But I was pretty shocked with the plot for this book!

Wendy Darling It's pretty crazy, isn't it? Bold choices for sure.

Arlene Great question Wendy. Need Black Dawn... NOW!!! XD