Lynne's Reviews > Defying Gravity

Defying Gravity by Kendra C. Highley

U 50x66
Jul 01, 2016

** spoiler alert ** If you're ever in the mood for a cute, fun and light YA romance, then you should definitely consider checking out the books in the Entangled Crush line. Defying Gravity is the second book in Kendra C. Highley's Finding Perfect series. However, you don’t necessarily need to read the first book to enjoy this one as it features a different couple, although the characters from the earlier book do appear in this one as well.

Defying Gravity is a book for those who are fans of the friends to lover trope, as it follows Parker and Zoey who have been best friends since they were kids. However, Parker wants to become more than "just friends" with Zoey who unfortunately has a thing for his brother, Luke. I was definitely rooting for Parker the entire time, and was glad to see that the "triangle" wasn't truthfully a triangle as I'm not a fan of love triangles. It was obvious early on that Parker and Zoey were meant to be, so much so that even random strangers shipped them. This lead to an adorable and hilarious scene involving the two of them, a little girl and her mom during a sleigh ride. Though I'm happy with the conclusion, I do wish there was more so that we can get more of Zoey and Parker as a couple. For instance, I love the idea of another book, maybe focusing on Luke as it would be cool to see what type of person would win him over and get him to clean up his playboy act. Still, Defying Gravity was an adorable read and the fact that it takes place in the snowy mountains of Aspen made it a "cool" read to read on a hot summer day.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defying Gravity.

July 1, 2016 – Shelved