Hasna's Reviews > The Highwayman

The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes

This was lovely and I loved it.
Probably because I didn't have to analyse it in school, but with my own natural analytical skills with my sister Lena, who was the one to tell me to read this.
However, maybe lovely isn't the word, what with all the death in this (which I very much appreciated, as it took me by surprise).
It was beautiful and very creatively written and I enjoyed reading it aloud on Lena's phone while she skipped on the skipping rope in front of me, forever analysing and commenting on the different lines and phrases.

Sorry for the greasy chicken stains on your phone, Lena. I can't wait to listen to and watch the animated narrated video of this poem with you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highwayman.

July 1, 2016 – Started Reading
July 1, 2016 – Shelved
July 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lenalovesbooks Unlike u I did analyse this in school but I'm glad I did because when u analyse something u get a better understanding especially if you are analysing with many people (in my case 30) I'm glad I showed u it ❤️

Hasna Lenalovesbooks wrote: "Unlike u I did analyse this in school but I'm glad I did because when u analyse something u get a better understanding especially if you are analysing with many people (in my case 30) I'm glad I sh..."

I guess analysing in class isn't all that bad. Honestly, it is having to write paragraphs about it that frustrates me. I, too, like talking about poems with my class really.
I'm glad you showed it to me too <3