DJ Sakata's Reviews > Prospect for Murder

bookshelves: mystery, womens-fiction

My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

The means for executing good barbecue is something a true man of the Islands is seldom without - plus a supply of beer and a macho vehicle.

At this point, Natalie, let's dispense with formalities. Please call me John, and I'll call you Miss Marple.

Don't give me that 'I'm just fine' routine. Be a good retired cop and go quietly with the guys with the stethoscopes.

My Review:

Being a resident of Hawaii, I could not pass up a murder mystery based in Honolulu. It was thrilling while at the same time oddly relaxing to read a story with so many local references to places, food, culture, and traits. I was quickly drawn into the narrative and enjoyed being in Natalie's head as she processed information and formulated her plans. The writing was insightful, observant, emotive, and intelligent. Each scene, task, and event was highly detailed and meticulously described - she really was a close approximation or the Hawaiian version of Jessica Fletcher, as her friend had teased. I savored the sense of familiarity as well as the intriguing storyline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prospect for Murder.