Lillian's Reviews > Happy Ever After in Christmas

Happy Ever After in Christmas by Debbie Mason

I received an eARC of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Happy Ever After in Christmas
by Debbie Mason is the final book in the Christmas, Colorado series. If you haven’t started the series, no worries! Each book can be read as a standalone (I myself didn’t start the series until two books ago) and still enjoyed. However I do recommend reading the entire series if you like sweet, contemporary romance set in a small town where everyone is in everyone else’s business. In this final installment of the series, Jill Flaherty is tired hitting the cruise control on her life and ready to live it. First things first though is getting the man she’s in love with to see her as anything but her brother’s baby sister. Sawyer Anderson is the town’s consummate bachelor and playboy, but when it comes to Jill he’s blind to her feelings and his own.

I really like Jill. I liked her in the previous stories as well and was excited to read hers. She’s the town’s deputy, takes no bull crap, and isn’t a damsel in distress. BUT she’s still a girl, something most of the men (including her own brother) forget. As her 30th birthday approaches, she realizes that her dreams of having a family may not come to fruition especially if she continues to pine after her brother’s best friend Sawyer.

Sawyer is another character I liked before reading this story but I love him now! He is the product of a single mom and his overprotection of Jill is sweet bordering on annoying. I wanted to yell at him through the pages that he didn’t get her at all. He may know her better than anyone but the man is blind to her feelings and his own, which totally made for an awesome read. Sawyer is hesitant to be anything more than a friend to Jill because he doesn’t want to risk his 22 year friendship with Jack, but he doesn’t want anyone else with her either….

The plot centers around the evolving relationship between Jill and Sawyer. My heart bled for them as I read. Jill is hopelessly in love, turning down good prospects or just not enjoying them when she does decide to date. Sawyer at first doesn’t recognize his own feelings and then denies them because of Jack. The whole town seems to be in on it as well, working their magic to get the two together. There’s one particular event in the story that hit close to home for me and I needed several boxes of tissues and a cuddle from my husband to make it through.

Overall I loved this book! It’s my favorite of the series (granted I’ve said that with every book I’ve read). The story is sweet, heart-wrenching and the town gets a happy ever after as the title suggests. While I’m sad there won’t be more from this little town and Nell, I’m happy with the conclusion. All the previous characters make an appearance and their happy ever afters are solidified. If you’re a fan of the series, you don’t want to miss this conclusion. If you enjoy contemporary romance, I highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Ever After in Christmas.

July 1, 2016 – Started Reading