Elle Bee's Reviews > Journey to Aviad

Journey to Aviad by Allison D. Reid

Jun 30, 2016

Quote-tastic & Immersifying!

In a fantasy world where nothing is as it seems, a child is caught in the battle between good and evil, Heaven and Hell. When I began reading, I was immediately pulled in. The elegant writing sang to my soul. The Biblical references intrigued me. I began highlighting and highlighting. I highlighted, “Aviad [the God figure] always takes care of his own. When He calls you, He does so with good purpose, and He will remain with you to whatever end.” A few pages later I highlighted, “true spiritual freedom involves courage, strength of character, and even sometimes sacrifice.”

As I learned about each character, I desired to know more about them. I felt like their history existed just beyond my reach and, surely, if I just continued reading, all would be revealed. As different situations were presented, I went from being enraptured by elegant writing to amused by humorous writing to nervous about a scene conclusion, settled by certain outcomes, and then sad when specific characters left me.

Although there was so much of this book I loved, I have a few things to mention. Confusion arose when I realized I was almost done with the book! I didn’t understand how it could be almost over. I still had so many questions, so much still needed to happen. And then it was over and I was not presented with a satisfying conclusion. As a reader, be warned, you may want to ensure you have access to book two when you prepare to finish this book. Also Journey to Aviad was not high on the conflict/action/tension/edge of your seat circumstances chart. It was more of a slow/get to know the characters and setting/start of a series book.

All in all, great book! If this is the kind of thing you enjoy reading, it is perfect for you! Enjoy. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Journey to Aviad.

Quotes Elle Liked

Allison D. Reid
“Go in wisdom until we dance once again among the stars.”

Allison D. Reid
“I implore you, whoever you may be, to look around you. Open your eyes to every detail of the present as it lives, as it breathes. Do not be distracted by a fleeting wind and miss the coming of the dawn, for the events of today very soon become tomorrow's folklore.”

Allison D. Reid
“...even the greatest heroes known to legend have made their entrance into the world as children.”

Allison D. Reid
“He drew so close to her that she could feel his breath upon her ear as he whispered, "The emergence of the Hounds is only the beginning.”

Allison D. Reid
“sometimes it is when we feel the most helpless, and the most alone, that we are actually the closest to knowing our true nature.”

Allison D. Reid
“Perhaps too, it is innocence that allows the young to hear Aviad more clearly when he calls, and encourages their hearts to follow Him, even when they do not recognize His voice for what it is.”

Allison D. Reid
“I cannot help but believe that we are meant for something, Elowyn, something greater than we know. Perhaps greater than we will ever know.”

June 30, 2016 – Started Reading