♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > Tender Mercies

Tender Mercies by Kitty Thomas

bookshelves: bdsm, intense, slavery, rape, z-nlg, lcf
Recommended to ♆ BookAddict by: Kitty Thomas

Want to be a submissive 24/7? How about being a slave, pampered on an island careered to men of wealth who own women as slaves? This isn't the first book I've read with this concept. This is probably the first one where it's so realistically done in a plausible contemporary setting.

Grace is a girl who enjoys being owned. She wanted the reality of slavery. Personally, I think Grace is an idiot. Her only friend, Lainey, tried her best to help Grace go in with her eyes wide up. What does Grace do? She goes in with her eyes wide shut.

Now you may think I'm being harsh, but really, people need to take responsibility of their actions. Grace chose to feel guilt and blame herself when Lucas turned out to be a nightmare. That is one way to deal with it. Did I feel badly that Grace was tortured? No. I felt bad that she suffered at a cruel and sadistic bastard. Did I feel outrage? Not exactly. Grace is one of those people I believe benefit from learning things the hard way. Boy did she have a hard eight month lesson. I think she's better for it.

Asher - I've loved this name since I first saw it in an Anita Blake book. Asher is our anti-hero. He's quite the deviant yet lovely dom. I'm glad he was able to resolve the issues of his past and move on. He's amazingly good for Grace and I'm glad they have met.

This story was intense in some ways. It wasn't as intense for me as Comfort Food, but it was still quite well done. I know I'm reading Ms. Thomas's books out of order. I really should read Guilty Pleasure first. I still have that one on my list to read. I recommend this book for anyone who's contemplated a 24/7 D/s lifestyle. This was a nice balance of the possibilities in BDSM lifestyle. There is good and there is bad. Another winner from the talented Ms. Thomas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tender Mercies.

May 15, 2011 – Started Reading
May 15, 2011 – Shelved
May 15, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

krissi excellent review, BA!

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Krissi wrote: "excellent review, BA!"

:) Thank you.

Poison I think a lot of reviewers have been really tough on grace, but when you feel like she does ... I spent a lot of time thinking about doing stuff stupider than what she did, and the only reason I didn't is I was lucky enough to find what I needed in reality. If I hadn't and a place like Eleu existed, I'd have gone there. I don't know how she avoided breaking, either, I would have been crushed under Lucas' bootheel in a week or less.

grace was desperate not stupid =)

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Poison wrote: "I think a lot of reviewers have been really tough on grace, but when you feel like she does ... I spent a lot of time thinking about doing stuff stupider than what she did, and the only reason I didn't is I was lucky enough to find what I needed in reality. If I hadn't and a place like Eleu existed, I'd have gone there. I don't know how she avoided breaking, either, I would have been crushed under Lucas' bootheel in a week or less.

grace was desperate not stupid =) "

Yeah, after you explained it to me, I can see the desperation. It's sad that the desperation can lead to situations that aren't good. :(