Wil Loves Books!'s Reviews > Full Tilt

Jun 30, 2016

bookshelves: favorites, on-ibooks
Read from March 23 to 24, 2017 , read count: 2

5 Huge "No Regrets" Stars

OMG this book! Sometimes, when I'm reading a certain book, I keep hearing about a different book and that other book calls to me so hard that I have to leave everything and just read it. That is exactly what happened with Full Tilt. I just had to read it, even though it might break my heart. Once I started, I just couldn't stop, so I didn't stop. I just read it...all day. And my God is this book gorgeous! I have to admit that I cheated and read a review that had spoilers. For me, that definitely intrigued me to give the book a chance even faster. But to be honest, it's probably better to be blind. So forgive me for saying a bunch of nothing on this review, lol.

Jonah is a part time limo driver, but his real passion is glass art, he's extremely talented and works super hard. He has a very tight inner circle and rarely lets anyone in. Until one night he has to drive Kacey, who is a rock star and is lost and down the wrong path. In many ways, Jonah ends up becoming her hero, and savior. The chemistry between them is undeniable and their connection is super strong from the get go.

“And yet,” I said, gulping air, getting a hold of myself. “Here I am.”

“Here you are…” Jonah said, his eyes roaming my face. “Believe me, I didn’t want to let you in. But it was almost as if…”

“What?” I whispered.

“As if I didn’t have a choice,” Jonah said. “I tried to keep the circle closed and my walls up, keep to my routine…But you got in anyway.”
He gently swiped a tear from my chin. “You feel it too, right?”

I nodded. “Yes.”

I loved Kacey, I love my heroines strong and she's so fierce and strong. I loved her evolution through the book. I love how she just wanted to be better, for Jonah and for herself. And I Fi-ing loved Jonah. Jonah was precious, he was everything.

“I would love you forever, Kacey, if I only had the chance”

“I kept waiting to find the end of your love and beauty, the end of your generous heart. I never did. I never will. I don’t know how or why you chose me to love, and you did choose. You could’ve walked away and saved yourself. Instead, you chose to stay, and so saved me”

The blurb is pretty self explanatory and it gives you an idea about what's going on. True, it says #nocliffhanger and #nocancer, but that doesn't mean the book is not emotional. There is heartbreak on this book and some people might not like how the story ends. I was pleased with it, it's probably not what I have wanted but, it left me hopeful. I loved that in the execution of the plot there are no gimmicks, surprises or excessive cheesiness. This book is all beauty and feels, and it's very realistic. And I definitely want to read book 2.

The cast of secondary characters, Jonah's mom and dad, Theo, Dena, Oscar and Tania "the Seven" were all amazing characters, and I loved them all, hard. I also have to mention that I loved the writing. It's gorgeous. Emma Scott has been in my radar for a while and her other books are high on my TBR. I can't wait to read them now, she's amazingly talented. That's all I have. This book it gorgeous, go get it. It might break your heart, and you might ugly cry, but give it a chance. It's one of those books that will stay with you for a while!

“I felt him in every pore, every breath and beat of our hearts. I’d never experienced anything like this in my life. He was a universe. My love for him was just as boundless.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Tilt.

06/30 marked as: read
03/23 marked as: currently-reading
03/23
30.0% "Listening to the audio for this re-read. I love this book hard."
03/23
66.0% "“No going back, okay? No second-guessing. If we do, we just waste time. I don’t want to waste a single moment with you. Not one.”

God this book. Even better the second time." 3 comments
03/24 marked as: read

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Awesome review! :D

Wil Loves Books! Eve wrote: "Awesome review! :D"

Thanks Eve!

Christie«SHBBblogger» I loved that in the execution of the plot there are no gimmicks, surprises or excessive cheesiness.<--This. Exactly, this. I felt the same. It was very real and genuine which made it that much more touching. Love your review! <3

Wil Loves Books! Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "I loved that in the execution of the plot there are no gimmicks, surprises or excessive cheesiness.<--This. Exactly, this. I felt the same. It was very real and genuine which made it that much more..."

Thank You! I definitely think that is what made this book so great!

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Lovely review :)

Karla Wonderful review, Wil! I love this author

Wil Loves Books! Nicola wrote: "Lovely review :)"

Thanks You!

Wil Loves Books! Karla wrote: "Wonderful review, Wil! I love this author"

Thank You Karla! So she's been in my radar for a while and her books have been on my TBR but I've never read her books before. Now I can't wait to read her other books. She's so talented!

message 9: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Montoya Wonderful review! I love this book and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Wil Loves Books! Dee wrote: "Wonderful review! I love this book and now I can't stop thinking about it."

Thank you Dee! And yes! This book was amazing ❤️

message 11: by KAS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KAS Awesome review, Will ;) So glad you enjoyed this incredible read. Hope you get to read the follow-up duet "All In" as well.

Wil Loves Books! KAS wrote: "Awesome review, Will ;) So glad you enjoyed this incredible read. Hope you get to read the follow-up duet "All In" as well."

Thanks KAS! This is a reread (listening of the audiobook which just came out) . I originally read Full Tilt last year when it came out.

message 13: by KAS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KAS Wil Loves Books! wrote: "KAS wrote: "Awesome review, Will ;) So glad you enjoyed this incredible read. Hope you get to read the follow-up duet "All In" as well."

Thanks KAS! This is a reread (listening of the audiobook wh..."

I would imagine listening to the audiobook is mesmerizing!

Wil Loves Books! KAS wrote: "Wil Loves Books! wrote: "KAS wrote: "Awesome review, Will ;) So glad you enjoyed this incredible read. Hope you get to read the follow-up duet "All In" as well."

Thanks KAS! This is a reread (list..."

It's incredible, the voices are perfection ❤ Absolutely recommend!

message 15: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I love this review! I actually teared up reading it. The Fletcher boys are two of my vary favorites! <3

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog I love ugly cry books! Wonderful review! xx

Wil Loves Books! Joy wrote: "I love this review! I actually teared up reading it. The Fletcher boys are two of my vary favorites! <3"

Aww thanks! And yes, I love the Fletcher boys too ❤

Wil Loves Books! Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "I love ugly cry books! Wonderful review! xx"

Thanks Nissa! I totally recommend this one!

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️ Best book and writer ever!

Alex is The Romance Fox Fab review Wil:))