Tanisha's Reviews > Kerala ~ The Divine Destination

Kerala ~ The Divine Destination by Lalitha Balasubramanian

F 50x66

bookshelves: travel

I received the signed copy of this book from the author through Goodread giveaways! Yaayy..!!

I in spite of being from India have not traveled to South part of the country much. So this book was a pleasant surprise for me. What was more pleasant is that book is a great read. The detailed account of Temples including their history, timings they are open, rules followed while visiting(Like wearing dhoti or a saree) as well as the festivals attached to them. She also mentioned how to reach them! Most of the temples are visited by her and the same can be felt by her knowledge.

The writing style adopted by her is direct. While reading, it gives us the aura that what we are reading is sacred and should be treated as such. I liked her use of words and vocabulary.

There is illustrations throughout the book of temples as well as of the other facets of the temples.

The only point which disappointed me was the cover. In simple words, its boring. It does not give any special feel to the book. The book deserved something vibrant to showcase whats within.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kerala ~ The Divine Destination.

June 30, 2016 – Shelved