Petra's Reviews > Seconds to Live

Seconds to Live by Melinda Leigh

bookshelves: 2016-audio-book-challenge, audible, romantic-suspense, series

This was exactly what an entertaining romantic suspense novel should be like. Part 3 in the Scarlett Falls series, this one focuses on Mac, the baby, and the wild child of the Barrett family, who is returning home to say goodbye to his dying father. Mac meets up again with Detective Stella Dane. These two met in book 2, Minutes to Kill. These books work as stand-alones, but as the same characters keep reappearing I would suggest starting with book 1, Hour of Need. You won't regret it!
Stella is investigating the murder of a young woman, and when a second one disappears, Mac inserts himself in the investigation. This had a really good mix of suspense and relationship dilemmas / personal growth. The Barrett family pulled me into their lives right from book 1 and I love coming back to these characters. There were enough twists to keep the serial killer chase exciting and unpredicted. Great writing, thoroughly enjoyable book/series and solid audiobook narration by Cris Dukehart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seconds to Live.

June 30, 2016 – Started Reading
June 30, 2016 – Shelved
June 30, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-audio-book-challenge
June 30, 2016 – Shelved as: audible
June 30, 2016 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense
June 30, 2016 – Shelved as: series
July 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Petra ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ Candy ♪ Loves♪ Music ┼ Books ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ wrote: "Great review xx"
Thanks a lot, Candy xx

message 2: by Frances (new)

Frances Sounds like a really good series, just what I don't need

Petra Frances wrote: "Sounds like a really good series, just what I don't need "
LOL :) I know how you feel. But it's worth it, great characters and good storylines with just enough romance.

Petra Kate wrote: "Fab review!"
Thanks, Kate :)