Steve's Reviews > The Immortality Virus

2272032
May 15, 2011

bookshelves: dystopian-fiction, fiction, read-in-2011, science-fiction
Read from May 15 to 18, 2011

“The Immortality Virus” by Christine Amsden is a thought provoking dysopian science fiction epic set in a future world where tinkering with viral vectors stopped mankind from aging.

A great mixture of a creation of knurly characters, developed painstakingly through their trials, wild adventure, and a deep set of subplots, Christine paints with words a highly visual and vicariously empowered dialogue with the reader.

This is the sort of “fun book” that is hard to put down - the adventures, the intrigue and the characters so engaging as to create in this reader a discipline issue - where I had intended to take my time and read the book a chapter or two at a time, I waxed the read in just a few sessions.

Most impressive to me was the personal growth of the characters - the realistic development is an author’s fine art, and it is done well in “The Immortality Virus.”

I should reveal that I’d been privileged to read a pre-release copy of this book, in exchange for my opinion of the novel. I’d be very pleased if I had bought my own copy and paid shipping - in fact I hope to finagle a signed copy someday.

Very much a novel that is easy to recommend, and will stand the test of time as a SciFi Dysopian classic among the best of the genre.

And most importantly I had a blast reading this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortality Virus.