Anniek's Reviews > From Fake to Forever

From Fake to Forever by Jennifer Shirk

Jun 30, 2016

Sandra is a single mother. Together with her sister she opened a preschool. This way she gets to do what she loves and she can spend time with her daughter. Her ex-husband is an actor on Broadway and he doesn't really want to keep any connection to the family he left behind. Sandra has been very cautious of love ever since and concentrates fully on her business and her daughter, Hannah.

Their preschool could use more publicity so, Sandra's sister Missy has come up with a great plan. Ben is a famous actor who is in the race for the part of a lifetime. This might very well be the movie which could bring him his much desired Oscar. He has to play a father, but he has no experience with children whatsoever. His agent sets him up with a preschool in a small town so he can prepare himself for the upcoming movie.

Sandra is not happy when Ben shows up. She's met him before at the park and ran away screaming, because she thought he was a criminal. After a haircut and the removal of his beard he is actually a gorgeous man. Having Ben at the preschool will give it the boost it needs. Sandra goes along with the plan but finds herself more and more attracted to Ben every day.

Ben is used to women falling at his feet. He is stunned when Sandra is not impressed by him at all. Ben didn't have the best childhood so he learned early on how to act. This made him the actor he is today. Nothing ever really mattered to him besides his job and getting an Oscar. Now that he has gotten to know Sandra she could very well be the one thing he never expected to find.

From Fake to Forever was a real treat to read. I laughed out loud when Ben killed the school spider and had to think up a funeral service for the insect so the children would be less upset. This could have been me, although I would have probably run screaming instead of trying to get rid of the spider. You can feel the connection that is forming between Sandra and Ben. Both of them had it rough and they make each other a better person. They are funny, warm and caring even though they hide it pretty well on the outside.

Jennifer Shirk has written a beautiful sweet romance which made me laugh plenty of times. The characters are well described and I loved them instantly. I can imagine some of them will get a story of their own. I definitely will be following this author and can't wait to read her other books as well. From Fake to Forever is an easy read, which is perfect for a bright sunny day at the beach. I think you will really enjoy this great romantic story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Fake to Forever.

Started Reading