Catherine's Reviews > Evangelii Nuntiandi / On Evangelization in the Modern World

Evangelii Nuntiandi / On Evangelization in the Modern World by Pope Paul VI

5202393

bookshelves: religion, nonfiction

Good and necessary! I only wish he'd written it after the Internet became a thing...though actually he kind of accounted for it, in a way. Anyway, I needed to read this and I'm glad I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evangelii Nuntiandi / On Evangelization in the Modern World.

June 29, 2016 – Started Reading
June 29, 2016 – Shelved
June 29, 2016 – Shelved as: religion
June 29, 2016 – Shelved as: nonfiction
June 29, 2016 –
page 24
37.5% "“Modern man is sated by talk; he is obviously often tired of listening and, what is worse, impervious to words.... These facts should certainly impel us to employ, for the purpose of transmitting the Gospel message, the modern means which this civilization has produced.”"
June 29, 2016 –
page 24
37.5% "“The word remains ever relevant.”"
June 30, 2016 –
page 41
64.06% "“Evangelization risks losing its power and disappearing altogether if one empties or adulterates it's content under the pretext of translating it.”"
July 1, 2016 –
page 52
81.25% "“It is often said nowadays that the present century thirsts for authenticity. ... The witness of life has become more than ever an essential condition for real effectiveness in preaching. Precisely because of this we are, to a certain extent, responsible for the progress of the Gospel that we proclaim.”"
July 1, 2016 – Finished Reading