Kim Bishop's Reviews > Saving Mercy

Saving Mercy by Nicole Tillman

20835511

Mercy Hunter just graduated High School and has made a major decision to move to Chicago on her own. Not without her hippie parents blessing, Mercy leaves home to live a “normal” life. She has never been one for the hippie lifestyle her parents forced upon her and her brother Lyric, so Mercy is off on her own journey to discover what the corporate world is really about. Will Mercy make it in the Windy City?

Mercy was a very unusual child, wanting or needing structure in her life. Structure her parent's could not provide for her, but thought they had. When Mercy arrives in Chicago, she is held up at her friend Drew's place until she finds a job and her own apartment. Drew sets up the job for her, where he works, and she falls ass backwards into an apartment in Chinatown. Having a very open mind, and spiritual background, Mercy immediately feels a disturbance in her new apartment. That disturbance is Ryan's ghost, and it all goes to hell in a hen basket from there!

Ryan's story was short, but to the point and sad. When Mercy meets Ryan, it was fate, a set up for the future that is to be. During the friendship and falling in love bond these two crazy kids went through, we the reader where nudged in the back of our mind that this was for a reason, but I didn't know what that reason was. I couldn't help but ask why, why now? Mercy is alive and Ryan is not. Why have them fall in love if they can never be together. Knowing that this union couldn't exist, I was still intrigued. The story was so well written and had an on going steady pace that just sucked you in. In the end, I was shocked and teary eyed. The ending was so unexpected, just as the love story with Ryan and Mercy. That ending my friends was the last thread that was holding me back from loving this book! If you believe in life after death, and love romance with a little paranormal, than this book is right up your alley!

*Book provided by the author for an honest review*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Mercy.

Started Reading