Kathleen's Reviews > Magicians of the Gods: The Forgotten Wisdom of Earth's Lost Civilization

Magicians of the Gods by Graham Hancock

F 50x66

it was ok

I have seen Hancock in interviews and he is a great raconteur - perhaps what led me to read this book. I had to struggle through the last 5 chapters just so I could say I finished it; it is that dull. It is not so much that Hancock refers to burial sites/excavations in far-flung regions of the world as if you have read all of his previous work where these were mentioned, but the book does not offer really anything so interesting in the way of theories. Ok, so there was a comet in the Younger Dryas period that most likely wiped out a more advanced civilization and we have been in a state of devolution since then. Interesting premise, but by chapter 8 it is one boring chapter after another, and I say this as someone who used to read literary theory for fun. If you choose to read one of Hancock's books, don't start with this one - perhaps Fingerprints of the Gods - but why not go the whole hog and enjoy yourself and read some Zachariah Stitchin?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magicians of the Gods.

June 29, 2016 – Started Reading