Lexi Ander's Reviews > Peter and the Wolf

Peter and the Wolf by Gale Stanley

May 14, 2011

bookshelves: mm-shifters
Read on May 14, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I am sitting here at almost midnight trying to figure out how to put to words what I like about this book. I liked the first book in the series, a lot. I enjoyed the plot and the characters and when it was over I wanted to know more. What happened next? What new symptoms developed? Where were Hunter and Adrian going to hide? Would they be accepted by the vampires? Who was going to make the Alpha to pay for his treachery? Someone please kill him and replace him with someone smarter...and on and on. I had so many questions and I had to wait.

I didn't even read the cover before I cracked the pages (metaphorically speaking). The wolves track Hunter to the walled vampire city. The defenses are too good and wolves retreat with the exception of Tyler who allows himself to be captured so that he can help his friend Hunter clear his name. It was a foolish plan because Tyler is a dog in the eyes of the vampires. Dogs are inferior to vampires and if dogs are to stay with the vampires then they need to be collared and trained.

The half-breed, Peter, captured the dog and the Master has given Peter the responsibility of the wolf with sweet promises that appeal to Peter's need to be accept by the full blooded vampires.

Peter and Tyler's relationship is no bed of roses. I was rooting for Tyler to not give in. "Fight! Fight! Fight! Tyler is not pet! Crate Training? What the hell? Arrogant vampires!" And then the Master gets involved and then I felt bad because I had encouraged Tyler to hold out. Even as the relationship starts to take on the symbiotic qualities you can still feel the tension between them.

And there is Grace, the creepy (probably in my eyes only) 18 year old she-wolf who was crawling all over Hunter in book one like a cat in heat. (view spoiler)

Then there is the Master...what is his game? I can't figure out what he's got up his sleeve because the moves he is making could be dangerous. If he doesn't like the result is he the type of person who will exterminate the people involve to stop the experiment? I think he is but now I have to wait like six weeks before I get answers to all my new questions.

Do I like this series? Hell ya, I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Wolf.

05/14/2011

message 1: by Gale (new)

Gale Stanley Hi Lexi, thanks for the review! So glad you liked it. Grace is creepy in everyone's eyes, but true love never runs smooth. Gotta have a villian or villainess. Gale

LaShonta oh i totally didn't think about the fact that he was already changed when he was with Grace. That is something to think about. That's if she is really even pregnant to begin with. Remember she has been obsessed with him for years. How do we even know if the baby is his? I don't remember if she was a virgin or not. I may have to go back and re-read that part.

Lexi Ander LaShonta wrote: "oh i totally didn't think about the fact that he was already changed when he was with Grace. That is something to think about. That's if she is really even pregnant to begin with. Remember she ha..."

I don't remember if she was a virgin. I remember that she saw the vampire bite marks and had no reaction to them. Makes me think that she had been clubbing with the vampires. I still think she is a psycho girl! ;-P