BethLee's Reviews > The Future Unborn

The Future Unborn by Khristina Chess

F 50x66

bookshelves: r4r

I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM WE HEART YA BOOKS AND THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

Khristina Chess has written a brilliant novel about teen pregnancy.

Kansas Jones has her future all planned out. She wants to get into MIT, and be in the robotics program. But when an unexpected pregnancy changes her plans, she is forced to change her plans. Will she keep the baby, or will she have to give it up?

I thought this book was about a very unique topic. There are many books out there about teen pregnancy, but not many like this. It was relatable and fun to read. The Future Unborn reminded me of Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. I don't compare a lot of books to Sarah Dessen, so that is saying something.

Kansas was a very relatable character. She had big goals and knows how to get them done. However, she still has flaws. She slips up on night on vacation and gets herself in this big mess. When in it, she has to make some big decisions.

I didn't like how much time Kansas liked debating whether to keep the pregnancy. She spent at least half the book without telling her parents about it. I did like how she debated giving her baby to her aunt, who couldn't have kids.

The robotics aspect was very interesting and cool. It made the book more modern, and gave Kansas more depth. I liked how she made friends (and more than friends) in the robotics club, and learned to be less controlling.

Overall, this is a good book dealing with a great topic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Future Unborn.

June 29, 2016 – Shelved