Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > How May We Hate You?: Notes from the Concierge Desk

How May We Hate You? by Anna Drezen

Jun 29, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: blogging-for-books

This book has some funny moments but I have to say the bedbug portion left me very disturbed! 0_0

This book is told by Anna Drezen and Todd Dakotah Briscoe who both worked as Concierge. The things people said to them or asked them was hilarious and crazy!

GUEST: I need a salon appointment. Wash and blow Saturday at 12. (Concierge makes appointment)

CONCIERGE: All right. You are confirmed for a wash and blow at Bon-Bon Salon for Saturday at noon. (Guest rolls her eyes)

CONCIERGE: Is that all right?

GUEST: Well, I'm just very dubious about the quality of a salon that actually has space at 12 on a Saturday. Is there another one you recommend?

CONCIERGE: So you want me to recommend a salon that won't have space at the time you're requesting?

GUEST: Yeah. Let's try that.

Or...

GUEST: What floor is my on?

CONCIERGE: Which floor are you on?

GUEST: 5

CONCIERGE: The 5th floor.

GUEST: Great. Thanks!

These people are crazy :-) There are things like this through-out the book along with lists of tips and random stuff about people, places and things. I think one of my favorite is about a woman named Princess that lives in one of the hotels. She's old and seems like she's off her rocker. But she's funny.

I liked some of the reviews of hotels. I have never read any kind of stuff like that as I don't travel any more anyway, but they were fun to read.

All in all it's a cute funny little book!

*I would like to thank Blogging for Books for a print copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.*

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How May We Hate You?.

June 28, 2016 – Started Reading