Taylor of Elfhame ❦'s Reviews > Frost Like Night

Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch

it was ok

Now that I've had time to think about this more, I’m saying 1.5 stars, because I don't think it was quite so bad to deserve 1. It was a close thing though.
I was so close to DNFing this book practically the entire time I was reading. I can't give this any higher of a rating. Not after the experience I had reading it. Not when I was just so incredibly irritated the entire time. This conclusion was so far from enjoyable, it made me question the way I rated and reviewed the previous books.
I just can’t believe how boring and predictable this entire book was. I can’t believe that it was only 483 pages when it felt like it was double that. This isn’t a real review, honestly I’m far too disappointed to put enough effort into writing one. So I’m just going to make a list of everything I didn’t appreciate about this book that made it impossible for me to like it. Spoilers obviously.
-Meira reminding the reader fifty thousand times that she had no choice but to die only to get out of it at the very last second by something as simple as another Kingdom’s conduit falling into the chasm instead
-Theron
-Sir died … why exactly?
-Nessa died for shock value because there was nothing else for her character to do
-Nessa’s death didn’t even make sense
-Theron
-How many times can the words ‘magic’ and ‘Decay’ be put into a book before they constitute an entire chapter by themselves
-Phil ???????????
-Angra is probably the most simple minded villain I’ve ever had the displeasure of reading about
-Angra gave the Keys, arguably the most vital components in the entire war, to Theron in order to … mess with Meira?
-Unnecessary battles
-Did I mention,,,,,,, Theron
-What the fuck was that epilogue
I should just stop now. Again this is probably the laziest excuse for a ‘review’ that I’ve ever written, but I just can’t be bothered anymore. All I can really say is at least it’s over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frost Like Night.

June 28, 2016 – Shelved
June 28, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 8, 2017 – Started Reading
March 9, 2017 –
page 110
22.54% "It took me so long to even motivate myself to start this so I'm pretty proud of the dent I've made in it"
March 11, 2017 –
page 302
61.89% "So I'm still making progress on this"
March 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Misty (new) - added it

Misty This makes me not want to read the last of the series

message 2: by Misty (new) - added it

Misty Love your non review by the way❤❤

Taylor of Elfhame ❦ Misty wrote: "Love your non review by the way❤❤"

Thank you haha I was way too fed up. I wouldn't blame you if you decided not to finish. I'm considering donating this book because there's really no chance I'll ever pick it up again.