Judi's Reviews > Everything to Lose

May 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: e-book, short-story, cops, may, 2011, gym-read
Read in May, 2011

I’m not gonna lie. The cover totally caught my attention. The story sounded reasonably good and then the HAWT cover caught my attention again…sooooooo…Sold!

Sean and Caitlyn are married, but have been separated for a year and on the verge of getting a divorce - if Catilyn can finally get Sean to sign the divorce papers. Showing up in person at the police station should do the trick except Sean won't sign because he doesn’t want a divorce but Caitlyn’s bound and determined to see him one final time and get his John Hancock on the dotted line...huh that what she thinks.

Some harsh words spoken the year before during a personal crisis and the enormity of their respective jobs seem to be the biggest sticking point this relationship. Sean’s a hard-working cop, under a lot of pressure and sometimes undercover and Caitlyn’s an aid worker who travels the globe to some of the worst war-torn and remote places. Not two of the easiest jobs to have when trying to make a relationship work. They just need to spend some time together, clear the air and work out their issues.

A personal threat to Sean provides the perfect opportunity for Sean and Caitlyn to go into hiding. And there’s no time to waste when Caitlyn is almost kidnapped in broad daylight. But Caitlyn doesn’t want to go into hiding with Sean and he's just as determined to get his way - even if he has to kidnap his own wife to make her see reason and keep her safe.

Insert lots and lots of we’re making up for lost time, neither one of us has been getting’ any for the past year sex here.

This was actually a pretty good story about two people who really love each other, hot sex and a good dose of action. But I did have one major issue with a plot point. Caitlyn and Sean are hiding out in a remote location, miles from anywhere and it was never explained how anyone could have found them. I hate those kinds of loose unexplained ends in stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything to Lose.