Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog's Reviews > A Heart's Desire

A Heart's Desire by Kris Michaels

liked it

3 - 3.5 Stars

When I started reading this book I thought for sure it was going to be 5 stars. The psychological thriller/mystery plotline was really good, excellent even. But the love story portion of it wasn’t…until really the very end.

There is a madman on the loose ready to finish a job he started 5 years ago. And it’s Steele’s job to find him without further damage to the target of the madman’s sick and twisted desire.

What Liam suffered through was absolutely terrifying to read…I can’t even imagine what it was like to live through. His strength and will to live are astounding. And because of that unimaginable terror he lived through, he was closed off from the world and totally shut down from reality – for the last 5 years. This plotline was fascinating. He was surprisingly extremely smart and quick-witted. What I had a problem with was the instant love between Liam and Steele. Upon first site, Steele decided he was going to protect Liam at all costs and as soon as he had him in a safe location, took him to bed. And I get that Liam hasn’t had any physical contact in years, but this was truly unbelievable to me. Their relationship should have built slowly throughout the story to be more believable and better for Liam. I really didn’t like the way Steele treated Liam…it was almost crappy at times. Steele seemed almost barbaric in his protection of Liam. Near the end of the book – the last 20% - the relationship was better; it seemed more even and Steele wasn't quite so demeaning to Liam.

The supporting cast was good. I’m assuming if there is a follow up story it will be about Sam Masterson because it was foreshadowed quite a bit in this story. It stands to be a good story if it is developed fully before the romance takes over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Heart's Desire.

Started Reading