Jo's Reviews > Blaze of Memory

Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh

May 14, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: mcbook, psy-changeling-series, pnr, uf
Read from June 04 to 05, 2011 — I own a copy

This one didn't hold my attention at all; as a 24hr read it was a nice diversion from another book I am reading at present.

We first get to see Dev & Katya in Mine to Posses (book 4?) Clay and Tally's story. So it was nice to go back to the Forgotten and the Shine organisation. However I found I didn't connect with these characters as I did with Judd, Sascha and Luc, Hawke, Xavier and the Ghost, I could go on. Even the Councillors held more interest for me and it was these background stories that I continued to read this one. The renegade Psy are starting to remind me of 'de resistance' in 'allo 'allo. (yes yes showing my age, again) "leeeson veeerry carrrrrfuly, I shalll sayyy thisss onlay wonce"

What I didn't understand was the reaction of Dev in his pursuit/non-pursuit of Katya, it was like he was a changeling and not a Human/Psy mix. In Judd I could understand his possessiveness, it went along with his character. But Singh gave Dev dialogue that didn't sit right with a metal drawing-forgotten-psy-solider.

(view spoiler)

I have the next two instalments but I have already read the 1st chapter of Hawke's story, it looks strong. It is going to take some control to not download the book and devour it in 4hrs.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blaze of Memory.