Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Cut To The Bone

Cut To The Bone by Alex Caan

Jun 28, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-all

I loved the blurb on this book and really wanted to read it. But it wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be but, it was still an okay book. Don't let that keep you from reading it though because as we know, we all have different opinions.

I thought this was going to be all about vlogging and it's not. Yes, it's what started the whole thing but the book takes off with conspiracy and worse.

Ruby Day is in her twenties and she's a vlogger. She makes tons of money (like many do) by have people sponsor her vlog or giving her free stuff. She's a really kind person on her vlog, but something happened and she was taken.

We have DCI Kate Riley on the scene and her right hand man, Zain. I liked both of their characters because they had pasts, Zain's is pretty messed up, but I'm not saying what happened to him. They are working hard to find out who has Ruby and trying to track the videos that keep getting posted of her... somewhere... out there!

There is Dan, he was her boyfriend in a sense. I can't talk much about that without giving a spoiler. Lets just say he was a fellow vlogger, he talked about video games and got tons of money as well.

Things turned ugly when Ruby, Dan and many others were conned into joining with a company named MINDNET. They ultimately were supposed to do all of your video editing and what not, good stuff, helping you out to get more people to follow you and give you money. Welllllllll....... then they tell you what you can put out there, what you can't, basically you don't have a mind of your own any more. Ruby didn't like this... Ruby found things out.. Ruby disappeared.

There are a lot of different characters in the book and I didn't really care for most of them. They were just good and bad people all around. I liked the book well enough, I just didn't love it. The beginning was awesome and then it was okay from then on out, well until the end when we find out what is going on. This is a crime book that goes all the way to the Congo. The only advice I can give on the book is if your one of the popular vloggers be careful!

*I would like to thank Netgalley and Bonnier Publishing for a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.*

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cut To The Bone.

June 27, 2016 – Started Reading
June 28, 2016 – Shelved
June 28, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley-all
June 28, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Red Panda (new)

Red Panda Smashing review, Mel!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon! I feel like I'm losing my mind! I hate when I'm rushed and then it's an okay book. But, such is the life of a bookaholic right? :-)

message 3: by Red Panda (new)

Red Panda Indeed it is.