Julie Akeman's Reviews > Faith of the Fallen

Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind

I think this is one of my favorites because it shows the power of art and I'm an artist. Of course Richard uses magic to pull it off it's just not that apparent but come on, he has NEVER carved out of marble before and was able to do a beautiful piece...never taught..and I know it takes many years to be a good marble sculpter but of course he pulls it off. I love how this series reveals another depth to the main characters. Khalan shows herself a badass warrior, Richard has a talent for carving, I can see why the writer continues on with these two, so much going on with them. Don't know when I will pick up the next book. This one was pretty long and I want some shorter ones for a bit. This is one of the best and is now a personal favorite of mine. There is also some great things to learn and be inspired by in this book, great work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith of the Fallen.

June 27, 2016 – Shelved
June 27, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 6, 2017 – Started Reading
March 8, 2017 –
page 43
March 10, 2017 –
page 127
16.18% "love, magic, blood and torture, almost like Game of Thrones, this is book six in the series and I haven't seen the red dragon Richard befriended from the first book in awhile. I am happy to be into a fantasy now though I will be reading a murder thriller soon here."
March 11, 2017 –
page 134
March 13, 2017 –
page 168
March 14, 2017 –
page 332
42.29% "I think I'm really gonna like this one, got a hint about a combination of art and magic, and with it being Richard here you KNOW this is going to be big."
March 15, 2017 –
page 502
63.95% "hmmm, should I make a pot of Darjeeling and make an alnighter just to finish a book? One thing I finally realized about The Order, it leaves a communistic mentality in it's wake, OMG and I was just mentioning Ayn Rand's books to somebody and here is a stark example of what she fled from in her native Russia."
March 16, 2017 –
page 669
85.22% "holy crap did this guy read Any Rand's Atlas Shrugged cause my god Richard's little speech about rational self interest fits right in there, just a LOT shorter than the John Galt speech from Atlas Shrugged, and what a LOVELY explaination about how economics works. I reading stuff here and I am thinking Ayn Rand wrote about that and this .....I wonder if the writer is a libertarian."
March 17, 2017 – Finished Reading