Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri 's Reviews > Stoned

Title: Stoned
Author: Mandi Beck
Release Date: July 13, 2016
No cliffhanger/Standalone

Stone Lockhart is stoned. He gets lost in the dark underbelly of stardom. His wild life of sex, drugs and rock and roll isn't what's it's all cracked up to be. Stone loses himself and his girlfriend Willow, in a raw and painful downward spiral. He is on a fast track to becoming a walking corpse.

“There isn’t enough music in the world that could make the pain of losing her go away. This isn’t where our song ends; I won’t let it. Only I’m not sure I have much of a choice. And just like that, my heart stops beating in rhythm.”

Stone and Willow’s emotional journey is raw and painful to read at times. Stone loses the star of his heart. Getting clean is just the beginning of the fight of his life.

“How in the ever loving fuck did I let her disappear from my life for this long? Being a cocksucker of a boyfriend, that’s how.”

Stoned was real and heart-wrenching at times and the characters were very believable. Stone and Willows's story is told from alternating points of view. I really enjoyed their POV, which added a layer of emotional depth. There were times I felt like a fly on the wall watching an episode of “Behind the Music” or “Celebrity Rehab”. I never would have dreamed that Stone would turn into a real rock star of a man. Stoned was my first Mandi Beck book and not my last. This book was well written and truly unputdownable. The only little thing that bugged me was the overuse of the word rhythm (44 times). This rock romance is one-click worthy. Get Stoned.

This review appears on www.kindlecrack.net, www.facebook.com/kindlecrack, Goodreads, Amazon, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter. A review copy of this book was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stoned.

June 27, 2016 – Started Reading