Angela Dawn's Reviews > The Golden City

The Golden City by J. Kathleen Cheney

Jun 27, 2016

J. Kathleen Cheney takes the readers through an alternate history where Sereis, Selkies, Seers, live amongst the humans in The Golden City. This fantasy has a little bit of everything, romance, history, magic, murder, intrigue, and mystery.

After reading The Library at Char I decided to give fantasy genre a second chance by reading The Golden City. I'm so glad I did. The cover itself is absolutely stunning!! I'm a sucker for pretty book covers lol!

I'm loving the dynamic between Oriana and Duilio. They both feel an attraction to the other but can't act on it while investigating the mysteries behind the city under the water. I like how the reader learns new clues in the case as Oriana and Duilio do. There's definitely a sense of danger as both are harboring secrets that could get them in all kinds of trouble.

I'm rating The Golden City a 5 out of 5 stars because the writing is superb! J. Kathleen Cheney does an excellent job of making the characters and concepts easy to understand. This is the first in The Golden City series and I'm starting the 2nd one today after I post this lol!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden City.

Finished Reading