Laurali Star's Reviews > DIY Chick Lit: A Writing Guide

DIY Chick Lit by Alicia de los Reyes

Jun 27, 2016

bookshelves: books-that-changed-my-life

Loved this book! It only took me a few hours to read, on an overcast, rainy day, laying in bed, with just me and my Kindle Paper White.

I decided to pick this book up, when I came to the sudden realization that the book I'm writing meets the criteria for chick lit. Naturally, this led to me wanting to learn. I threw myself into it headfirst.

The book is written in a smart, approachable way by Alicia de los Reyes. She uses the baking of cupcakes, one of her secret lifelong dreams (to own a cupcake shop), as a metaphor for writing chick lit!

She breaks down and covers everything from fleshing out your character to the revision of your rough draft. She helps semi-confused readers to really clarify what makes chick lit exactly what it is.

DIY Chick Lit: A Writing Guide is filled with fun exercises and the secret ingredients to your success as a writer. If you're a chick lit writer, then bonus!

I am looking forward to more fun reads by this author, as she has a way of making learning about writing and authoring your own book, sparkly and fun!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read DIY Chick Lit.

Started Reading
June 26, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 27, 2016 – Shelved
July 3, 2016 – Shelved as: books-that-changed-my-life

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy It sounds like it was exactly the type of read you were looking for :)

Laurali Star Christy wrote: "It sounds like it was exactly the type of read you were looking for :)"

Yeah, this book was perfect, Christy :)