Sonia's Reviews > Trust in Advertising

Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels

May 13, 2011

bookshelves: 2011_challenge_100books_50authors
Read from May 16 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy

It was an amazing book, the one that I’ll be glad to read and re-read over and over again, always craving for more. I don’t want to spoil the reading of other readers so I won’t linger on what happened in the story per se but on the emotions it evoked in me.

I was hooked from the very first lines and was brought thru an overwhelming exchange of emotions. I laughed, tensed, held my breath, even feared and was enticed by the twists and turns of the plot, by the amazing development of the characters, by the fascinating presentation of very important moments. Even the description of the kisses was incredible and breathtaking that I even felt both the anticipation and the lingering of the moment. Truly, I experienced those passages with the emotion of a teenager at her first kiss, so much was I captured in those particular moments. The chemistry between Vince and Lexi was so palpable and the banter between the two so amazing that I re-read those passages just for the pure and simple pleasure to savour those feelings over and over again.

Aside from the wonderful love story, what I also appreciated was the values enhancement and what is really worth in life: not money or fame but the relations, family, love, friendship, worthiness, trust. All those aspects are very important in everybody’s life but sometimes we get inevitably lost in ourselves and lose sight of them, above all when we’re asked to unconditionally trust someone and to be trusted in return.

My overall impression is that the author incredible writing skills dragged me into the story with the magic alternation of dramatic and hilarious moments that made the reading a very pleasant one and I praise her for the wonderful work she has done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust in Advertising.