Amy Mayo's Reviews > Beyond the Break

Beyond the Break by Kristen Mae

Take yourself out of your comfort zone and hold on tight; this ride is one you'll want to take again & again.

Beyond the Break is unlike anything I've ever read, and it's amazing.

Ms. Mae has a knack for story telling; her words flow through the pages like music flows from Hazel's violin; strong, beautiful, soft and broken. A tantalizing story that sucks you in from the first sentence, Beyond the Break has it all.

Love, Sex, Marriage, Intrigue, Pain, Secrets, Forbidden Fantasies ... all set to the poignantly chilling and exquisite soundtrack of classical music, friendship and heartbreak, the tale of Oren, Hazel & Claire is one that is meant to be devoured, savored and revisited; over & over.

The natural progression and growth of the characters, their stories (both together and apart) leave nothing to be desired, as Ms. Mae has covered every facet of their lives in excruciatingly haunting detail.

Will Hazel be saved by Oren? Safe & Loving, Gentle & Kind. Or will Hazel find herself saved in the forbidden arms of another? Wild & Unbridled, Merciless & Passionate. Could there be an answer that combines all that she has survived? All that she has realized? Hazel has more questions than answers when we meet her; but as the pages turn and you expect to be revealed are not so easily defined.

After all, Salvation does indeed come in many forms.

While I received an advanced review copy to provide an honest review, all views and opinions are my own; I've just purchased another copy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Break.

May 22, 2016 – Started Reading