Carrie's Reviews > Awaken

Awaken by Ivy Sinclair

bookshelves: netgalley

Riley Stone is a necromancer and can make the dead do his bidding and uses his skills for the right price. When he comes across a girl running for her life being chased by a bounty hunter sent by demon official Bruno Proctor he vows to protect her.

Paige Matthews has no memory of her past beyond the last three years she's spent recovering from an accident where she almost died. She has no clue about demons or angels and thinks she is nothing but a normal human leading a normal life until the night the demons came after her and she's saved by Riley. Now Paige finds herself caught up in a world that she never knew existed.

Awaken is a fast paced paranormal romance filled with suspense and action from start to finish. One thing I would warn readers about though is this is the first book of a series and ends with a lot unresolved on a huge cliffhanger. The characters and the story were enough to make me interested in wanting to continue but I normally prefer a few more answers and some type of conclusion to each book.

I will say too I found this book to be rather engaging and enjoyed the characters along with the plot but I'm not sure it really brought anything new to the table so far in this first book, there are a lot of books of this nature and really didn't notice anything yet that really popped out as new and overly exciting. It was still an enjoyable read though and I think fans of this type of book with things like angels and demons will enjoy it.

I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken.

June 21, 2016 – Shelved