D.C. Grace's Reviews > The Magnolia League

The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch

May 11, 2011

Read in May, 2011

I found The Magnolia League on the shelf at my local bookstore, and was intrigued by the teaser. Being born and raised in the South, I'm always attracted to tales of the "deep south." I'm a hard sell on the subject, but this book didn't disappoint! The Magnolia League is a great read! It takes you through the mysterious culture of hoodoo, mingled with and enriched by that haughty, yet attractive society known as "southern aristocracy." There have always been whispers of even the wealthiest families in southern high society enlisting the help of "magic," and this book totally goes there! I love it! With so many books rooted in paranormal fantasy these days (and I love them, don't get me wrong!), it was refreshing to read a novel based in modern times, with a style of "magic" that is within the realm of possibility for a lot of people.
I rooted for Alex right up to the end, with her promise of a "white gloves war." I'm expecting to see book two next year, Ms. Crouch, with that title! Amazing stuff! Two thumbs way up!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magnolia League.