Stacey Conrad's Reviews > The Sun Is Also a Star

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

Mar 16, 2017

bookshelves: 2016, libby, hs-copy, multi-pov, realistic, romance, g8way-16-summer-read-down

Natasha's family is being deported-tonight. she is on a mission to get the decision over turned so they can stay. She doesn't have time for boys who are poets, talk about love, and complicate her life.

Daniel has an interview with a college alumni, for possible early acceptance to Yale. He doesn't have time for a girl who only believes in science. But he’ll make time to scientifically prove they could fall in love in one day. Because he wants something different than what his parents want for him—passion in his work and life.

One day makes up the bulk of this novel with alternating points of view between Natasha and Daniel with various side characters interspersed in between. I loved it. I’d read Everything Everything last year and this is so much better. It’s wonderful to experience and author’s growth as a writer and storyteller. I read this in one day, I was so taken in by it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sun Is Also a Star.

June 21, 2016 – Shelved