Rayane Naegels's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

A Game Of Thrones tells a beautiful story with tons of rich characters and an amazingly detailed and surprising plot. I got hooked from the very first pages. The many plots and mysteries in the story really stimulate readers to form their own theories of how the characters and story will evolve. George R.R. Martin succeeds in setting up a story which captivates a reader from the get-go and keeps them on the edge of their chair.

A Song Of Ice And Fire recounts the tale of seven noble families struggling for power and survival set in the brutal, fantastic continents of Westeros and Essos. The Great Houses all struggle for control over Westeros and to ultimately claim the Iron Throne. The story is told from various points of view which show you how the different characters feel and think about others and themselves. This not a simple tale of Good vs Evil but a more complex tale where politics decide everything end no one can be trusted. The writer makes you get attached to characters only to plunge a metaphorical dagger, and in the case of some characters a literal one, in your heart.

I really loved the book, especially the way George R.R. Martin makes the story evolve. More than once I both curse and congratulate him on the way he portarits characters and what happens to them. He is able to weave a tale that will both excite and move you. All of this, set in a fantastic yet realistic and believable world. I would certainly reccomend this book and the series to all my friends.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

Started Reading