Anne Milne's Reviews > Balance

Balance by Lucia Franco

Jun 20, 2016

Finally a sports romance with a female lead and not just as the romantic interest. Adrianna is determined to make it to the top as a world class gymnast her goal is to get to the olympics. Her dad has an old friend called Kova who is a top coach and enlists his help to train her. Now Kova was not a likeable character to me at first, he's arrogant demanding stubborn and superior but I fell and fell hard there's just something about the way he's written that makes you want more. Adrianna comes across as spoilt, her father dotes on her but her mother seems almost indifferent and jealous of her. As you read you forget how young she is because she is one determined young woman. You will alternate between love and hate for all the characters even the supporting ones because they add depth to the story. The author obviously has great knowledge of the gymnastic world as someone who was in the sport when I was younger I loved revisiting those old days. The story is well written and characters are relatable, it's sexy it's thrilling it's taboo it's thrilling. Love love love it.

***Reviewed For Sweet Spot Sisterhood Blog***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balance.

June 20, 2016 – Shelved