Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog's Reviews > Balance

Balance by Lucia Franco

Jun 20, 2016

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Forbidden Romance readers

Oh. My. Gosh. This was the first book I have read by Lucia Franco and it did not disappoint! Absolutely genius writing! It challenges your moral compass, temps you with pushing the limits that you wouldn't imagine crossing, and turns you on in the best of ways.... making you want more, yet knowing you shouldn't!

I will skip the synopsis and head straight to my reaction because I can't talk about the plot without just unleashing all the things you should read firsthand. This forbidden-taboo romance is going to make you feel things from a perspective that you never imagined. The dynamics between our lead couple (Kova the 32 y/o coach and Adrianna the 15-16 year-old gymnast) are so intense that you can't "look away." You want to scream at them both and let them be together all at once. They both clearly voice that they know better, yet can't fight their mutual feelings. There were moments when I was angry with Kova and Adrianna both. Other times I felt so badly for them, wishing they could be together. You truly feel in the moment with them, experiencing the turmoil right along with them.
Now, let's talk about the intimate scenes... sweet lord almighty. These were amongst the best scenes I've ever read! Maybe it's the risk and adrenaline of being caught, but the scenes were fantastically written in delicious detail.... they were so heady and intense, I was squirming in my seat! I've been waiting for a book like this for a while!

The gymnastic side of the story was also amazing. I have some gymnastic background as well and I feel like the storyline was not too sports heavy or light. It was just right and necessary to give us the type of relationship between Adrianna and the other gymnasts and coaches, the way Kova and Adrianna handled switching gears in the gym, and the risks of their subtle interactions being noticed by others. We also are able to see how the stress of their relationship affects her performance. Kova also is stressed with inner struggles at home in addition to the mess he and Adrianna have created.

I hope those that read this book read it with an open mind... one that simply allows them to see just how these things happen, and although it is morally wrong, the way such characters may think and feel in this position. Please don't turn it into an opportunity to put anyone under attack for their opinions. remember, it is a book, not a pledge to our feeling it is acceptable in real life.
And on that note, I say, this book is freaking amazing and I want more!

*Reviewed by Sweet Spot Sisterhood*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balance.

June 20, 2016 – Shelved