D.Ann's Reviews > The Secret of Heaven

The Secret of Heaven by Felix Alexander

bookshelves: arc-books-completed

I was given this book free in exchange for an honest review.

This book was written by Felix Alexander and is the first in the Aiden Leonardo series. This is a very fast paced book with a lot of action. I appreciate that as a reader because it doesn't give you opportunity to become bored. He also wraps his fiction around certain non-fiction entities and materials, so I found myself stopping often to look up things as the story was unfolding to learn more about their "real life" counterparts. There were many interesting details used in creating this story ~ Biblical history, ancient history, ancient languages, secret societies and all the intrigue that goes along with them - as well as the consequences of being involved in them.

I did find the number of characters difficult to keep up with at first. I also felt that the author took too long to allow the readers to be on a first name basis with many of the characters. Granted, two of them have the same last name and very similar first names so I assume that is the reason. But page after page of having their entire names spelled out each time the story referred to them was distracting and made for an uncomfortable reading experience. When we were finally able to refer to them with just their first name though, it was smooth sailing from there on.

I won't give any spoilers, but I will say that I enjoyed the adventure of this story and the pace at which it progressed. Once you step in, you're in for a bit of a wild ride, so hang on tight.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Heaven.

June 20, 2016 – Started Reading