Katherine Owen's Reviews > The Year of Fog

The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond

5419924
May 11, 2011

bookshelves: all-time-favorites

This is a fascinating book that will keep you on edge to finish and find out what happened to Emma. It's heartbreaking and moving and beautifully written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Fog.

Quotes Katherine Liked

Michelle Richmond
“...You find a way, somehow to get through the most horrible things, things you think would kill you. You find a way and you move through the days, one by one, in shock, in despair, but you move. The days pass, one after the other, and you go along with them - occasionally stunned, and not entirely relieved, to find that you are still alive.”
Michelle Richmond, The Year of Fog

Michelle Richmond
“We take pictures because we can't accept that everything passes, we can't accept that the repetition of a moment is an impossibility. We wage a monotonous war against our own impending deaths, against time that turns children into that other, lesser species: adults. We take pictures because we know we will forget. We will forget the week, the day, the hour. We will forget when we were happiest. We take pictures out of pride, a desire to have the best of ourselve preserved. We fear that we will die and others will not know we lived.”
Michelle Richmond, The Year of Fog