Nikita's Reviews > Feed

Feed by Mira Grant

May 11, 2011

bookshelves: owned, novel

will make my review soon.

First off, I would really want to say that I've had 5 attempts (at most) in reading this. And if not for the constant persuasion of my dearest friend, Jean Pearl, I wouldn't, in a million years, finish this book. BUT, don't get me wrong. I did finish the book and OH MY GOSH! It was ONE HELL OF A RIDE!

The book started soooo slow. Well, for the most part of like one half of the book, it was really boring. Nothing was really interesting except for the post-apocalyptic world Mira Grant created. It was almost like info dumping, but no. Nothing was info dumping. Having been read the book, I'd say those were important information to be able to understand everything that was going on. So for those who're planning to read this book, I'm telling you, DO NOT HESITATE TO READ THIS! Don't let the boring part discourage you. You must endure it and I'm telling you, its all going to be worth it.

Well for the characters, Shaun and George, I JUST LOVE THEM!!! Shaun was really fun and even though George was the serious type, SHE WAS SO FREAKING COOL! If I were to live in another lifetime, I would really choose to be like Georgia Carolyn Mason! haha! How they love each other was beyond measure and I fully understand them having siblings and all myself. I just wish.. I just wish... GEEZ THIS REVIEW IS SOO FRUSTRATING! I can't really EXPRESS myself properly since I have to restrain myself from spilling out SPOILERS!!! I HATE GIVING SPOILERS! So I'll leave this statement instead,

A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE

and if you're done reading this (the book and not my review), you'll understand me for my frustration in giving a review WITHOUT giving any spoilers.

And before I end my review, I must say that I HATE YOU MIRA GRANT!!! For having been written such a brilliant book, for giving me a shock like that and for making me cry sooo hard over this book! I JUST HATE YOU!!! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.

Quotes Nikita Liked

Mira Grant
“My mother once told me that no woman is naked when she comes equipped with a bad mood and a steady glare.”

Mira Grant
“Rick stared at him. "Your brother is an alien."
"Yeah, but he's a cute one.”

Mira Grant
“The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.”

Mira Grant
“I wanted the truth, and I wanted the news, and I'd be damned before I settled for anything less.”

Mira Grant
“You can't kill the truth.”

Mira Grant
“Now I'm a God, but tomorrow, when you have to stop me from playing with dead things again, you'll be right back to calling me an idiot, won't you?”
tags: shaun

Mira Grant
“His idea of traffic safety is going too fast for the cops to catch up.”

Mira Grant
“Never steal another reporter's story; never take the last of another reporter's ammo; never mess with another reporter's computer. Those are the rules, unless you work for a tabloid, where they replace "never" with "always"...”

Mira Grant
“I was still wearing my shoes. The staff was paid to wash the sheets after every visit, and by the point we left the field, I’d dressed and undressed so many times in the course of decontamination that I never wanted to remove my clothes again. I’d just wear them until they dissolved, and then spend the rest of my life naked.”

May 11, 2011 – Shelved
June 7, 2011 – Started Reading
June 7, 2011 –
page 47
7.85% "i'm having a massive headache thanks to this book! i started reading this last night and (can you believe it!?) I HAD A FREAKING NIGHTMARE!!"
July 8, 2011 –
page 140
23.37% "info dumpiiiiing.... i'm really getting bored already."
page 230
38.4% "finally! i've got some action!"
page 369
61.6% "oh my gosh! ohmygosh ohmygosh!! BUFFY!!!!!!!! WHY!?!?!? nooooooo! :(( huhuhu"
July 9, 2011 – Shelved as: owned
page 415
page 465
July 11, 2011 –
page 510
85.14% "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! is this some kind of a big joke!? coz I SWEAR ITS NOT A GOOD JOKE!!! huhuhuhuhu"
July 12, 2011 – Finished Reading
April 12, 2012 – Shelved as: novel

Nikita don't say OMG yet jean. i've stalled. haha!

Jean Pearl the OMG was for 2 reasons. 1st was "OMG kit finally read FEED!". 2nd was, "OMG kit had a nightmare because of FEED!" haha.

Nikita ay!? haha!!! okay2.. lol

Jean Pearl LOVE the review!!!!wahahah!

Wendy Darling I love reading people's reactions to this book. Are you going to read DEADLINE soon, Nikita?

I'm glad to see you're INFECTING others with the zombie love JP!!

Nikita Wendy Darling wrote: "I love reading people's reactions to this book. Are you going to read DEADLINE soon, Nikita?

I'm glad to see you're INFECTING others with the zombie love JP!!"

Hi Wendy! Thanks for liking the review! uuuummmm.. Honestly? I'm not reeaallly sure.. I don't think I'm ready to read a book without a Georgia in it. I just got too attached to her character! I'm still thinking about it. :)

Nikita Thanks jean! hahahaha!!! makaboang!!!!

Jean Pearl Wendy Darling wrote: "I love reading people's reactions to this book. Are you going to read DEADLINE soon, Nikita?

I'm glad to see you're INFECTING others with the zombie love JP!!"

haha! of course! it's like my pleasure already! lol

Jean Pearl Nikita wrote: "Thanks jean! hahahaha!!! makaboang!!!!"

makaboang mo lng! hahahah!

read deadline na kit! deadline! deadline! haha!

Nikita Jean Pearl wrote: "Nikita wrote: "Thanks jean! hahahaha!!! makaboang!!!!"

makaboang mo lng! hahahah!

read deadline na kit! deadline! deadline! haha!"

jeeaaannn!!!!! wala na c george my idol!!!! HUHUHUHUHU